I have always been a fan of good side dishes. A meal without a good side dish feels somehow incomplete. A good side dish not only makes the main dish shine but also enhances the whole meal experience.
This Brussels Sprouts will make your meal time happier and brighter. It’s easy, healthy, and yummy!!!
Ingredients (4 servings):
3 cups Brussels Sprouts
1/3 cup any Seedless Grapes cut in 1/2 inch
1/3 cup Apple of your choice, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
1/3 cup Dry Apricots, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
1 teaspoon Chives
1 chopped medium shallot
2 tablespoons Sherry Vinegar ( Optional: Red wine vinegar or Rice wine vinegar )
1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Honey
1/2 cup Olive Oil
S & P
- Cut the ends and pull off any yellow outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts
- Peel the Brussel Sprouts leaves as much as you can then cut the rest in half or in 1/3 depending on the size of the Brussel Sprouts
- Boil the peeled leaves and the rest of the Brussel Sprouts in the salted (1 tablespoon ) boiling water for 1 minute ( This part is important. Because you want the Brussels Sprouts to keep the crispiness when you take them out of the boiling water.)
- Drain in cold water and add the rest of the ingredients
- Mix with the 2 - 3 Tablespoons of Sherry Vinaigrette, sprinkle the chives on top and enjoy!