Although I am not vegetarian, I try to eat more veggies these days. Thinking about the nutritional intake of my little Julie I tend to also eat healthier myself. And it's fun, because I am exploring so many great new recipes and very often don't miss my meat at all. I take Julie to the market and we pick a variety of organic veggies that look tempting and go home and try new recipes.
This curry recipe here is just one example of all the great dishes that make it to our table these days.
Ingredients (for about 4 servings)
1 onion, finely chopped
1-2 tablespoons green curry paste
1 large sweet potato (or yam)
1 medium to large eggplant
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 cup water
6 kaffir lime leaves
1 lime (zest and juice)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Serve with basmati rice
1. Over medium heat, heat some vegetable oil in a big frying pan or a wok. Add finely chopped onion and green curry paste. Sauté for a few minutes, constantly stirring.
2. Add coconut milk and water, bring to boil. Then reduce heat and let simmer for a few minutes.
3. Chop sweet potato into bite size pieces, add to curry, let simmer for another few minutes.
4. Chop eggplant into bit size pieces, add to curry. Add kaffir lime leaves and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add lime zest and juice, and sugar, mix well.
6. Serve over basmati rice and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.